ACB+ couplers in Morin Original System have integral lifting rings designed to be used with the lifting shackles recommended by ACB+.
Important: at the request of certain manufacturers, the lifting rings can be disabled if the machine is not equipped for lifting. In this case, these instructions are null and void.
Depending on the coupler version, the rings may be at the front, at the rear, disabled or non-existent. And/or lifting may be by the machine crank.
Mandatory precautions for lifting loads
- The machine must be equipped with hydraulic valves, in accordance with load lifting standards. If this is not the case, contact your main agent.
- Unhook the accessory from the coupler before any load handling operation.
- Only the coupler handling rings should be used, and only with standard shackles (compliant ISO 2415), for safe operation and to preserve the serviceability of the coupler. The lifting ring max. load is shown on the coupler (marked in tons).
Ensure that the assembly is inspected during the recommended scheduled inspections for the vehicle. Visually check the attachment point before every utilisation (distorsion and/or excessive burring).
- Respect the max. load of the overall lifting system:
Overall max. load = Least max. load between the Coupler, Machine, Shackle and Slings
- Respect the lifting positions shown below. Depending on the coupler version, the rings may be at the front, at the rear, disabled or non-existent. And/or lifting may be by the machine crank.
Recommended lifting conditions with the rings specified on the coupler:
|MODULE||Max. load (kg)||Max. load (kg)||CODE ARTICLE|
|5||2 x 5,000||6,500||1007842|
|6||2 x 7,000||9,500||1007843|
|7||2 x 8,000||9,500||1007843|
- In some cases, a lifting ring is provided on the crank. Its geometrical compatibility must be validated by ACB. In this case, utilisation conditions are described in the manufacturer’s documentation. When using the crank ring, never use chains. Only belts should be used, in order to preserve the casing and the coupler safety system.